Thursday, July 11

1 Kings 2:2-4

 Scripture: 


1 Kings 2:2-4 (NASB) “I am going the way of all the earth. Be strong, therefore, and show yourself a man. 3 Keep the charge of the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His ordinances, and His testimonies, according to what is written in the Law of Moses, that you may succeed in all that you do and wherever you turn…”                     


Observation: 


Who will tell the fatherless young men? I remember it like it was yesterday; he simply said to me, "Go ahead and take her into the dock!" I was a young man when my dad and I were on a fishing trip. Near the end of the day, he allowed me to pilot the boat back to the dock. I finally became a man. It was almost like a rite of passage. As if my dad was telling me I had matured enough as a young man to take the responsibility of bringing us home. Today's verse speaks of being strong and show yourself a man; how we are to keep charge of the Lord our God and walk in His ways. It says a lot more as well. So, be sure to read the entire Scripture. As I think back to that day, I wonder who is telling the fatherless young men that they have reached manhood? Maybe it's time for us men to speak into the lives of those young men.  It’s time for us to teach them today's verse and let them know they have arrived at manhood.  



Application:


1) Think about what you just read.

2) Ask the Holy Spirit for clarity and insight.

3) Share this with someone who would benefit from reading it.

4) Make sure others see Jesus in YOU today.


TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment