Wednesday, July 10

Romans12:6

 Scripture: 


Romans12:6 (NASB) “Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith…”                       


Observation: 


After finding out that I could no longer work as a firefighter, house builder, and handyman, I found myself sitting alone in our house while the rest of my family went about their normal routine. As each day passed, I found myself thinking that I had to make a choice: continue to sit alone and pretty much waste away or get up and seek what the Lord had for my life now! I could have come up with a hundred excuses to sit and just “veg out,” but there was one reason that I needed to get up and start living. All I could think of was that even after the Cross and in the tomb for three days, Jesus got up and got out! There is more to life than waiting to die and going to the grave. There is life after death,and just because I was feeling sorry for myself, there was more for me in living. Just look at all the friends I have come to know sending out these emails and Facebook posts. So, as we start the week, my prayer for each of you is to get up and get out of the tomb. Use the gifts and talents God has given you. It will be the greatest adventure of your life. 



Application:


1) Think about what you just read.

2) Ask the Holy Spirit for clarity and insight.

3) Share this with someone who would benefit from reading it.

4) Make sure others see Jesus in YOU today.


TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment