Sunday, June 30

Matthew 28:17

Scripture:


Matthew 28:17 (ESV) “And when they saw Him they worshiped Him, but some doubted.” 

Observation:

We all have doubts. I remember one night of doubt when I was with the fire department. We responded to a fire at a very large three-story house, and we had to get into the attic. I remember as I walked up the stairs everything went black. I couldn’t see anything: not my friends, nearby objects, or the walls. Being a rookie, I put my faith and trust in my Lieutenant at that time. It was terrifying. But then I heard his voice saying, “Come this way! It’s clear and the windows are right in front of me.” So I followed the voice in total trust, even though my Lieutenant was calling me deeper into the darkness. Suddenly, we reached an opening and light came shining in. I could see. I looked back and saw all the smoke and all the debris I had just climbed over. We were safe! That’s how it is with God—a calming voice in the darkness. We just need to follow His Voice and He will lead us to the Light, to the Way. I pray we are following His voice and we will see the Light of the World, we can give our doubts to a God who cares for each of us.

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love. 
  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment