Saturday, June 29

1 Corinthians 15:58

Scripture:


1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV) “Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.” 

Observation:

Today’s verse gives some great advice for making sure our labor is about the right thing. I used to think a lot about the money or the status I could achieve. You know, the whole pride thing. But when I really came to Christ, gave Him all of my life, and kept my focus on HIM, I found a peace I never knew I could have. I was always running to the next thing, never content with what I had. I looked past the blessings and missed a lot. Now I take my time and try to keep my eyes on the goal. I try to be more like Jesus in every way, with no apologies or excuses. Jesus went courageously and willingly to the Cross. He kept His eyes on the goal for us. We should at least keep our eyes on HIM. 

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love. 
  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment