Thursday, May 16

Proverbs 24:10

Scripture:


Proverbs 24:10 “If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small.” (ESV)

Observation:

It wasn't that I wasn't strong enough to put it together, it was the fact that I missed a key part of the instructions. I tried to put a cabinet together, but the last few pieces wouldn't fit. I tried this way and that, but to no avail. Today's verse speaks about adversity and our strength. Time after time, no matter how hard I worked, I couldn't get the last few parts to go together. Then and only then, when I was ready to give up, did I go back to the instructions and read the key point I missed. Leave the nuts and bolts loose until all the parts are together! Sometimes in life, we put too much pressure on things, especially ourselves. If we allow things to relax along the way, we may find the strength in Christ to accomplish what He has asked us to do. In what areas do we need to relax so as not to faint on the “day of adversity?”

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love. 

 

  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment