Thursday, May 16

1 Corinthians 14:40

Scripture:


1 Corinthians 14:40 “But all things should be done decently and in order.” (ESV)

Observation:

My life was in total chaos. I had been trying to get so many things done, that I really ended up getting nothing accomplished. My dad had taught me two letters, "U" and "I." They stood for Urgent and Important. Today's verse speaks of how things should be done. When my life was being turned upside down by running here and there, trying to make everything work out perfectly, I realized I had forgotten those two letters. I needed to slow down and prioritize things based upon what was urgent and what was important. I found that starting my day in God's Word, then prayer, then the list of U's and I's, made the day go by more efficiently. The key of course is keeping things in order. What’s on your list of U's or I's? I pray it's God first, then your list!

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love. 

 

  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment