Sunday, May 12

Luke 10:33

Scripture:


Luke 10:33 “But a Samaritan, who was on a journey, came upon him; and when he saw him, he felt compassion.” (NASB)

Observation:

I just didn’t like him. Even though we worked together, there was just something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. He was always causing trouble and adding difficulty to an already rough day. I tried to avoid him as much as possible so I didn’t let my anger get the best of me. But as I left work one day, I happened to see the hood of a car raised in the air—a usually sign there is some sort of trouble. As I approached the car, I saw him. It was hiscar. I walked up and asked him if he needed help, and to be honest, I was hoping he said, “No.” He asked if I had jumper cables and if I could give his car a jump. My flesh wanted to say something other than what Jesus would have said. I got my jumper cables, and we got the car running. After that, things were better between us. Like the Samaritan who helped out in today’s scripture, we too make a difference. The key is compassion. We need to think more of others than ourselves. When was the last time you helped an enemy? It could change their world and yours too!

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love. 
  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment