Tuesday, May 28

2 Timothy 4:2

Scripture:


2 Timothy 4:2 “…preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction…” (NASB)

Observation:

I remember a few years back, when I first accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior, I was sitting in a Bible study listening to people share scripture and other stories. I remember feeling as if I was a part of the group, but I had nothing to share. Although the Bible has been part of my entire life, I never took the time to fully understand what it said. After that meeting, I grabbed my Bible and read with a new passion. I wanted to know what it was all about. How a young boy named David could slay a giant, how a river could suddenly wall up so people could walk through on dry land, or how a man like you and me could step out of a boat and walk on water, for a few steps anyway. The desire within me grew with each page I turned. Although my bookshelves are filled with this book and that, the Bible is my first choice. Every verse brings me newness of life or an answer to a longing question. In order to share the Word, we must first learn the Word. So I ask, “Do you know what it is all about? Are we spending time in God’s Word?”

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love. 
  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment