Wednesday, May 29

2 Timothy 2:15

Scripture:


2 Timothy 2:15 “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.” (NASB)

Observation:

In all the years of building houses and having a handyman business, I have accumulated a lot of tools - different hammers, saws, wrenches; the list goes on and on. Each tool purchased made the jobs I was doing easier. Some of the saws cut wood differently than others, different wrenches to fit this type and that type of use, even hammers to make driving the spikes in or finish nails in place. To be honest, since I have left those jobs behind, I have not gone through all the tools I have. Maybe someday I will get around to that. Now I find myself using the best “tool” in life. That tool is the Bible, and it has become the book I enjoy reading and devoting myself to more than any other. It holds the key to making every job seem a little easier. Today’s verse speaks of being diligent - someone who isn’t ashamed and accurately handles the truth. I knew every tool I had when on the job site and how to use them accurately to get the job done. In order to do the job right of sharing Christ, we need to use the right tool. To go and make disciples, we need to use the Bible. What tool are you using to make disciples? I pray it is His Word inspired just for you. 

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love. 
  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment