Monday, May 14

Praying for Your Family


Read Exodus 12:13 – Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt. (NKJV)

God gave the people a promise on that first Passover that if their house was covered with the blood the death angel would pass over them. Thousands of first born Jews were spared that night because of the blood. I have often prayed that God would cover my family with His blood. The obvious implication of that prayer is that we want God to view us and our families through the blood of Christ that was shed for our sins. It is a covering and protection that is available to every follower of Christ. As you pray for your spouse and kids ask God to cover them with the blood of Christ.

– Cecil Culbreth serves as the Arkansas District Secretary and Missions Director. He also leads Men’s Prayer Force in partnership with national Men’s Ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment