Wednesday, February 22

Wednesdays with Moses

Read Exodus 3:7-10 – And the LORD said: “I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows. So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites. Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel has come to Me, and I have also seen the oppression with which the Egyptians oppress them. Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt.” (NKJV)

When God calls us to do His work, it is always for the benefit of others. Here, Moses has the task of delivering Israel placed before him. God has heard their cries and wants to use Moses for this amazing work. Pursuing God means living our lives for “Him and them”. In other words, we do not serve God by being self-focused. As we give our best for “Him and them,” He promises to care for everything we need. Jesus said, “Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all things will be added unto you.” So as we live for “Him and them” God takes care of us in extraordinary ways. Self-focus never leads to the life God has for you, but serving Him and the needs of others will launch you forward in ways beyond your imagination.

– Dr. Mike Clarensau serves as Senior Director of the Healthy Church Network of the Assemblies of God.
National Men’s Leadership Conference: March 8-10, 2012 . Dallas, Texas . www.men.ag.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment