Read Numbers 14:28-31 – “Say to them, ‘As I live,’ says the LORD, ‘just as you have spoken in My hearing, so I will do to you: The carcasses of you who have complained against Me shall fall in this wilderness, all of you who were numbered, according to your entire number, from twenty years old and above. Except for Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun, you shall by no means enter the land which I swore I would make you dwell in. But your little ones, whom you said would be victims, I will bring in, and they shall know the land which you have despised.” (NKJV)
Do you ever wonder what we miss out on when we fail to trust God? In this well-known story, an entire generation of Israelites missed out on the Promised Land because they were afraid to trust the God who had led them thus far. In spite of the evidence in their recent history, they couldn’t trust Him for their future—so they ended up with a future in the desert. Could some of our “desert” existence be for the same reason? Does God want you to trust Him for a bigger challenge than the one you’re currently living? A life of faith means a life that isn’t bound by what can be easily controlled or managed. It means trusting God for things that are bigger than our strength. To choose them brings the exciting challenge of a God-filled future. To reject such a life may mean an endless supply of sand.
– Dr. Mike Clarensau serves as Senior Director of the Healthy Church Network of the Assemblies of God.
National Men’s Leadership Conference: March 8-10, 2012 . Dallas, Texas . www.men.ag.org
No comments:
Post a Comment