Thursday, July 4

2 Corinthians 3:17

Scripture:


2 Corinthians 3:17 (ESV) “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”

Observation:

I stood in the back and just watched for a while. I couldn't believe what I was watching - people, different shapes, different colors, different backgrounds had come together to just be together. I was invited by a friend to join him at his church gathering and wasn't sure what to expect, but there was something there that was different than anything I had seen before. Today's verse speaks of the Lord, the Spirit of God, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. As I stood and watched, I began to feel this freedom that I had never experienced before. Deep within me grew this feeling that I wanted to be part of them. They were laughing, dancing, clapping, celebrating... celebrating freedom in Christ. They didn't care about yesterday or tomorrow; they cared for the moment of freedom in the Spirit. To lay aside all the things that held them back and just were free. I can only imagine how those, so long ago, coming to this country for religious freedom must have felt that very first Independence Day. To experience total freedom in Christ and He can be ours. We just have to let go of what holds us back from being free. What's holding you back? I promise, when you let go, there will be the best fireworks you have ever seen!! Let go and be free in Christ. 

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love.

 

  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 25 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment