Thursday, June 20

Titus 2:13

 Scripture:


Titus 2:13 (ESV) “Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ…” 

Observation:

The wait to meet our first grandchild lasted nine months but was so worth it. When I first met him, he didn't have to say a thing. I could feel the effect upon my heart. Today's verse speaks about waiting for our blessed hope, Jesus Christ to return to take us home. The birth of our first grandchild was a special occasion. We had waited patiently for him to come into the world and I still think about the excitement, the thrill, of meeting him. I remember asking myself if I am just as excite about the return of our Lord. When I first met Jesus, He didn't say anything either, but He spoke to my heart. He changed my life. I can only imagine what the second time will be like, when I see Him in person. If it's at all like meeting my grandson, I will be overjoyed. You don't have to wait for His Second Coming, you can meet Him today, and there is no nine-month wait. You can accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior today by simply repenting and asking Him into your heart. Like a new born child or grandchild, He will change your heart!

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love. 
  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment