Wednesday, May 8

Romans 8:28

Scripture:


Romans 8:28 “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” (NASB)

Observation:

I couldn't hold back the tears. This was the second time that I found myself really living today's scripture. It states that God causes all things to work together for good. I was reminded by one of my uncles, who always seems to bless my life with words of wisdom. He said to me at the recent wedding of one of my daughters that, despite the hardship and pain of losing my hearing on the job and having to leave the job I loved, now I was able to officiate the ceremony and unite my daughter and her husband in marriage before family, friends, and God. Something that many fathers would love to do but I was blessed to be able to do it! God does cause things to work together for good. We have to keep pushing through the hardships and keep our eyes open. We may just see His blessings through our tears. Keep going through the pain and the good will shine through!

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love.

 

  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment