Read Genesis 24:13-18 – Behold, here I stand by the well of water, and the daughters of the men of the city are coming out to draw water. Now let it be that the young woman to whom I say, ‘Please let down your pitcher that I may drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I will also give your camels a drink’—let her be the one You have appointed for Your servant Isaac. And by this I will know that You have shown kindness to my master.” And it happened, before he had finished speaking, that behold, Rebekah, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, came out with her pitcher on her shoulder. Now the young woman was very beautiful to behold, a virgin; no man had known her. And she went down to the well, filled her pitcher, and came up. And the servant ran to meet her and said, “Please let me drink a little water from your pitcher.” So she said, “Drink, my lord.” Then she quickly let her pitcher down to her hand, and gave him a drink. (NKJV)
Isn’t it amazing how God demonstrates interest in the details of our daily lives? Here, Abraham’s servant makes a very specific request of God as he tries to serve his master well—and God delivers! In our pride, we can easily forget the miracle of God’s interest and intervention in our lives. But when we remember that we are among the more than 20 billion who’ve lived in this planet’s history, the fact that God sees us and cares for us should cause us to praise Him and be in awe of Him all day long.
– Dr. Mike Clarensau serves as Senior Director of the Healthy Church Network of the Assemblies of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment