Sunday, April 7

John 12:13

Scripture:


John 12:13 "…took the branches of the palm trees and went out to meet Him, and began to shout, “Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel.” (NASB)

Observation:

They were waiting with their arms out stretched. As I returned from working at Ground Zero after the attacks, I remember seeing my wife and daughters as I drove up. I and 13 others had left for NYC, the day after the planes hit, to help our fellow firefighters do whatever we could; as I returned days later, I remember seeing the outstretched arms of my daughters and it made me feel loved. Today's verse speaks of the day when Jesus entered Jerusalem. They went out to meet Him shouting praise. I wonder how He felt, for at this time the crowd loved Him. Have you ever been greeted by the love of others may be returning from a business trip, or time away from those you love? We can only imagine what Jesus felt as He rode that donkey into town, and soon He would return to His Father in Heaven. One day He will return for us. I wonder how will we greet Him? Something to think about as we enter the Easter Week.  

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love. 
  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 20 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment