Sunday, July 7

2 Corinthians 12:10

Scripture:


2 Corinthians 12:10 (NASB) “Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Observation:

Over and over, I find out the value of family. One particular instance, I was taking the girls on a vacation to Florida. We loaded up the van and began to head out. Not even an hour into the trip, the van began to act up and died. We were stranded with three young girls looking forward to a vacation. I had to do what most men have a hard time doing—ask for help. Today's verse speaks of being content with many things, from weaknesses to insults to persecutions and difficulties. I was in a difficult situation. So, I made some calls and relied on family. My brother and his family traveling along with us in their own vehicle stayed with us until help arrived. That help came in many forms. My parents offered us their car to take down, my uncles went and picked up the broken-down van. I think you get the idea. The rest of the verse speaks about being content in weakness for then I am strong. I found out how strong family was and has always been by being content in my weakness and need of help. That includes the family of God. Don't be too macho to make a call for help, for in that time of weakness, you'll find out how strong the family of God can be.  

Application:

  • Personal Application: Continue spending time with the Lord daily. Sow righteousness and reap the fruit of God's unfailing love.

 

  • Family Devotional: Read this chapter to your family. Ask them if anything spoke to them as you read. Talk about their answers and show them that one important aspect of this chapter is that we must continue to spend time with the Lord and keep our hearts focused on His plans and purposes. Pray for them.

TOM SEMBER has been involved in ministering to men for over 25 years. He is an ordained minister with the AG in the NY Ministry Network. Tom lives with his wife, Carolyn, and children in New York. You can connect with Tom on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment