Read Acts 18:9-11
“Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, "Do not be afraid, but speak, and do not keep silent; 10 for I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city." 11 And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.” NKJV
Paul had been traveling from city to city preaching the gospel. He often faced opposition. When he started preaching at Corinth, many people placed their faith in Christ. Lives were changed. God gave Paul a special word—“you are not going to be hurt, I have many people in this city”. I call this a sovereign move of God on this city. As a result of this “word” from God, Paul made Corinth a base of operation for his evangelism efforts. Corinth was strategic to the commerce for this area. Many people would be going in and out of the city. There are strategic cities in your state and in our nation. Pray that God would sovereignly move in those cities and that those cities would become strategic bases for the proclamation of the gospel.
– Cecil Culbreth serves as the Arkansas District Secretary and Missions Director. He also leads Men’s Prayer Force in partnership with national Men’s Ministries.
No comments:
Post a Comment