“He left Judea and departed again to Galilee. 4 But He needed to go through Samaria. 5 So He came to a city of Samaria which is called Sychar, near the plot of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.” NKJV
As Jesus left for Galilee, He intentionally made a stop in the city of Sychar. His sole purpose in going to that city was to minister to one lady. We forget that the city is made up of individuals, regardless of the size of the city. Even while pastoring a small farming community of around 3,000 I was overwhelmed by the number of people who needed Christ. I soon learned that if I focused upon individuals, I could reach the city. Jesus focused His attention on one lady. This lady was not a likely candidate to bring revival to the city. Yet this lady put her faith in Christ and then used her influence to turn others to Christ. It started with one person. Who in your city needs Christ? Ask Jesus to lead you to one person and pray that their hearts will be open to Christ.
– Cecil Culbreth serves as the Arkansas District Secretary and Missions Director. He also leads Men’s Prayer Force in partnership with national Men’s Ministries.
No comments:
Post a Comment