Read 2 Timothy 1:3 – I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day. (NKJV)
Memorial Day is about remembering those men and women who died while serving our country. It is a significant holiday in the United States as we focus on the sacrifice that others have made for us. Paul talks about another kind of remembering. He wants Timothy to know that he remembers to pray for him on a regular and consistent basis. The language Paul uses indicates that Timothy was constantly on his mind in prayer. That is the way we need to pray for our cities. The spiritual welfare of your city should be more than a passing interest, but something that is constantly on your heart. As we remember those who gave their lives for our country, remember to pray for your city too.
– Cecil Culbreth serves as the Arkansas District Secretary and Missions Director. He also leads Men’s Prayer Force in partnership with national Men’s Ministries.
No comments:
Post a Comment