Read Exodus 3:17-20 – “… I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt to the land of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, to a land flowing with milk and honey.’ Then they will heed your voice; and you shall come, you and the elders of Israel, to the king of Egypt; and you shall say to him, ‘The Lord God of the Hebrews has met with us; and now, please, let us go three days’ journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God.’ But I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not even by a mighty hand. So I will stretch out My hand and strike Egypt with all My wonders which I will do in its midst; and after that he will let you go.” (NKJV)
When God steps in and demonstrates His power and love, those who serve Him find their voices elevated. People want to know what we know. Like Moses, people “will heed your voice.” This is God’s strategy in revealing himself to people. He demonstrates His amazing presence and power in meaningful ways, then those of us who are “witnesses” of that same power in our lives can step forward and speak what we have seen and heard. That’s God’s plan. That’s why He said that signs and wonders would follow those who believe. God wants to call attention to Himself and then allow us to explain what people have encountered. Our prayer should be, “God, show yourself around my life today so people will see You and listen to my voice as I speak for You.”
– Dr. Mike Clarensau serves as Senior Director of the Healthy Church Network of the Assemblies of God.
National Light for the Lost Day . May 6, 2012 . www.men.ag.org
No comments:
Post a Comment