Read James 5:16 – Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (NKJV)
Unconfessed sin is one of the greatest obstacles to spiritual victory. We don’t confess our failures in order to gain sympathy, we confess them in order to gain a prayer partner. At a recent meeting, I asked a brother in the Lord to pray for me because my attitude was not right concerning a supposed believer whose lifestyle did not match their testimony. I had become judgmental toward that person. As soon as I confessed it and this brother prayed for me, I felt a release in my spirit. Now I can pray joyfully for that person.
– Cecil Culbreth serves as the Arkansas District Secretary and Missions Director. He also leads Men’s Prayer Force in partnership with national Men’s Ministries.
National Light for the Lost Day . May 6, 2012 . www.men.ag.org
No comments:
Post a Comment