Wednesday, February 29

Wednesdays with Moses

Read Exodus 3:11-12 – But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?” So He said, “I will certainly be with you. And this shall be a sign to you that I have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain.” (NKJV)

Who am I? The question uncorks Moses’ fear and insecurity at the thought of standing before Pharaoh and ultimately leading the people of Israel out of Egypt. At first glance we might think Moses is just being humble, but his continued reluctance and effort to excuse himself from the assignment reveals a bit more. Moses is wrestling with all the emotional and historical reasons that would disqualify him from God’s purpose. Most of us know the feeling. We see the opportunities God tees up for us, but we shrink back thinking we can’t or we lack the ability that others have to get the job done. Remember that “I can’t” never ends the conversation with a God who always can. When God wants to use us for His purpose, He intends to make us a channel for His display of power, not send us on an assignment to see how we do. Don’t shrink back from today’s opportunities, but see them as a chance to learn more of what it means to live by faith.

– Dr. Mike Clarensau serves as Senior Director of the Healthy Church Network of the Assemblies of God.
National Men’s Leadership Conference: March 8-10, 2012 . Dallas, Texas . www.men.ag.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment