Monday, February 6

Prayer Partners

Read Colossians 3:9-10 – Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him. (NKJV)

Honesty and integrity with our prayer partners is essential. Men have a tendency to put on their “tough face” when things are going bad. If you are not doing well or things are not going good, be honest with your prayer partner. There have been times that I have told friends, “I don’t understand what God is doing or why I am experiencing what I am experiencing.” Having honest questions is not necessarily a sign of a lack of faith. It is during those difficult times that we need our prayer partners the most. A lack of honesty is a sign that you are drifting back to the ways of the “old man” instead of the “born again man”. God already knows how you feel anyway so go ahead and express your true feelings. Your prayer partner can pray for you and encourage you. We need one another.

– Cecil Culbreth serves as the Arkansas District Secretary and Missions Director.  He also leads Men’s Prayer Force in partnership with national Men’s Ministries.
National Men’s Leadership Conference: March 8-10, 2012 . Dallas, Texas . www.men.ag.org

No comments:

Post a Comment