Monday, July 4

Fighting an Unseen Enemy

Read Ephesians 6:20 – I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. (NKJV)

Today we celebrate our nation’s independence. I am proud to be an American and living in freedom. Notice Paul said he was an “ambassador in chains.” An ambassador is someone important, yet Paul was in chains. Interestingly, his chains were because of his freedom in Christ. We are not really free unless we are servants, “in chains” to Christ. True freedom is based upon our devoted relationship to Christ. We can fight the unseen enemy because we belong to Him; chained to Christ, yet free from sin, bondage and the power of the enemy.  Chained to Christ we win the battle and the war.

– Cecil Culbreth serves as the Arkansas District Secretary and Missions Director.  He also leads Men’s Prayer Force in partnership with national Men’s Ministries.
MM: The Mag – Featuring articles on a spiritual tune-up for men – now available at men.ag.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment