Tuesday, March 2

Measure Your Life

HonorBound Devotion: March 2, 2010

Read James 1:9-11 – The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business.

Man too often is guilty of looking at what is going on around him today to scale his life. The mentality is that if I have nice clothes, live in a good home and drive a great car then I must be successful! If I have old clothes, rent an apartment and ride the bus I must be a failure! The balance by which you measure your life is not possessions, circumstances, position or power, but relationship with Christ. Having “things” may be nice but one’s joy is shallow if that is his source for life. In the same way, if one is poor and all his life is expressed in desires to be rich then he is shallow as well. All of this around us is passing, fleeting and will soon be gone! Our relationship with Christ is in what we rejoice! Measure your life not by anything other than the bond you have with Christ! Nothing else!
– David Raley serves as the Field Representative for Light for the Lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment