HonorBound Devotion: March 1, 2010
Read Daniel 9:4-5 – And I prayed to the Lord my God, and made confession, and said, "O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments, we have sinned and committed iniquity, we have done wickedly and rebelled, even by departing from Your precepts and Your judgments (NKJV).
Daniel prayed with a heart that was overwhelmed with God’s greatness. He prayed not just because he had need; he prayed because God is great. He prayed because God keeps His covenant. He prayed because God is merciful. Daniel expressed all that in the beginning of his prayer. Daniel was not “buttering up” God, but was expressing sincere praise to God. Our prayers should always flow from a heart of praise to God that is overwhelmed by His greatness. The more I see and understand God, the more I will pray.
– Cecil Culbreth serves as president of His Story Ministries, equipping the church to pray on behalf of students in America.
No comments:
Post a Comment